Mexico: Courtyard Garden

¡Bienvenidos a México!

This won't be a long post since I am typing it from my phone in Mexico, but I wanted to share an example of a courtyard garden. This is the breakfast area at Hotel Julamis, where we are staying in Mérida, the capital of Yucatan:


We won't be able to emulate any of this back home in Massachusetts, where outdoor living is hardly a year-round proposition. We are definitely enjoying these indoor-outdoor gardens while we are here, though!


These hanging vines grow from a planting box that is part of the wall on the second floor. On the courtyard patio, there are potted plants as well as trees that grow from a very narrow trench in the floor along the exterior walls.


It seems that these plants don't need much in the way of water or fertility, but I'm not sure. We may be able to find out more when we check out the botanical gardens later this afternoon.


In the photo above, you can see the small fountain in the center of the courtyard. You can also see that I got my finger in the way of the picture. Dummy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to Do With an Unripe Watermelon

Last Weekend of Winter

So Where's Everybody From?