Patriot's Day Flowers, 2013

Ok, so Patriot's Day was last Monday. We were away, and things were unbelievably crazy while we were gone, but I wanted to share something beautiful from an otherwise terrible time here in Masaschusetts:


We came home to our perennial border full of daffodils and tulips. To my surprise, the tulips came back even stronger than last year. It looks like the ones I salvaged from the squirrel-led replanting last spring are now solidly in place and doing well:


You can also see a bit of the blue Siberian squill that is hanging on:


This year it's been nice to see the color combination I was building really come to life. I may have to add some more daffodils to a section that looks a little sparse, but other than that, this is one thing that turned out just as it looked on paper.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to Do With an Unripe Watermelon

Last Weekend of Winter

So Where's Everybody From?