The Office Garden, Expanded

The little garden I planted outside of my tiny office is filling nicely. For example, the small nicotiana I transplanted has blossomed:


I like the handling flowers, and it smells nice, too. The container planting has also filled in over the past month or so:


Since this container gets a fair amount of shade, the pansies are still going strong. The whole thing has filled in with all the rains we’ve had:


This garden connects to a tiny strip of land bordering the garage. I filled that in with daylilies that I moved from the perennial border a couple weeks ago. These are a very vibrant red, but that color no longer works with the white-orange-blue color scheme that I’ve switched to:


So now these are hanging out in the back, and once we paint the garage yellow like the office, they should really pop:


The daylilies should also look a little fuller in seasons to come. These are divisions that I transplanted fairly late into the season, so they’re a little droopy this year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to Do With an Unripe Watermelon

Last Weekend of Winter

So Where's Everybody From?