Garden Luncheon

I can tell it's finally summer when, for lunch, I can just go outside and pick a handful of this and a handful of that. Today I ate cherry tomatoes and snap peas off their vines, without bothering to get a bowl. Then, when I did reach for a bowl, I brought these inside: 


Our raspberries are just starting to ripen, and it turns out we also have some wild (or at least neglected) blackberries growing on the brambly, weedy side of our driveway. The kids were suddenly upset/jealous when I informed them that the picker of fruit gets first dibs on the eating of said fruit.

Also, our first planting of green beans are ready for picking. These I promptly blanched and turned into green bean and feta salad, which is of course the only thing worthy way to prepare the first beans of summer.

¡Viva el verano!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to Do With an Unripe Watermelon

Last Weekend of Winter

So Where's Everybody From?