Homegrown Breakfast

Now that we have eggs, it's possible to have meals that are (almost) entirely homegrown, if one is so inclined. And this morning, I was. Here's what I gathered up for breakfast:


Ingredients here are green pepper, red onion, sun dried tomatoes, thyme, eggs, and a bit of goat cheese. (Full disclosure: the goat cheese, salt, and pepper are not from our garden. Although I could have made my omelet without them, I didn't want to. Once I remembered we had some goat cheese, I wanted to use it.)

Anyway, this is the first dish made with our first eggs, and they have nice, strong shells. I would say they are "medium” eggs, as opposed to large or extra-large. The yolks are about half the size of a large egg yolk, though. The rest of the volume is egg white, so my breakfast is probably a little more heart healthy than it otherwise would have been. The eggs should get up to size in the next couple weeks. 


I also added our smallest cantaloupe to my plate--we have about a half dozen on any given day, as they have ripened over the past couple weeks. Happy breakfast!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What to Do With an Unripe Watermelon

Last Weekend of Winter

So Where's Everybody From?